2016 Hera UV Mist Cushion Cover and Nude Cushions - Updated



Fans of the iconic UV Mist Cushion will know by now that Hera revamped their line this year, with the introduction of the the UV Mist Cushion Cover and Nude line. Cover has SPF 50 while Nude has SPF 34.


I bought the UV Mist Cushion Cover in 21 and although it looks yellow in the picture it is lighter in real life! No. 21 has a significant brightening effect similar to no. 17 in Sulwhasoo brightening cushion.  It cancels out the yellow tone in the skin and makes you look one shade lighter. I did a side-by-side comparison and found that it is much lighter than Sulwhasoo. It is also significantly lighter than the n21 or c21 in the original UV mist cushion. Hera also revamped their shade variations so I'm curious to try no. 23 in nude or cover, because it might be the equivalent of the Hera c21 in the original version. 

For the shade selection, see this guide below from Shop at Korea:






It's more dewy than the original, but not to the point of looking oily. However coverage is light-medium for no. 21 and I have to say that IOPE Intense Cover has better coverage than this one. This only brightens my face and that's it. If you have problem skin this won't cover anything. Hera also said that finer particles help this adhere more to the skin.

EDIT: After wearing for about a month, I think the point of this new variant is to provide a glowing, natural-looking  flawless skin. Coverage is light to medium, and the formula is slightly thick, but it looks really good in photos.

Another thing that I like about this is the packaging. It's more compact and sturdy, and seems to be more "airtight" than the original one. 

I'm kind of disappointed with this new version but I will have to try a darker shade to see if it blends better and if it provides better coverage. 

UPDATE: Finally got to try Nude in No. 23! Texture is watery, I was really surprised that the foundation was very thin. It spreads easily onto the skin and is actually cooling. Moisture was sufficient and the finish was naturally dewy. No. 23 covers redness but is slightly darker than my skintone so I might try No. 17 next time! (EDIT: NO. 17 is only available in the Cover version).  As for the coverage it looks very natural--- it offers light coverage. I like this better, except for the lower SPF.




One reader asked me about this, and it's good to know that the refill and case are compatible with the old ones, and vice versa... so if you're keen to try this you can try the refills first and see how it goes with your skin! :)

Comments

  1. Hi :) Are the refills of this compatible with the old cases or vice versa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for reading.
      Yes, they care compatible with old cases and vice versa. I tried my new Hera refill with the old case and also an old Laneige one. fits perfectly :)

      Delete
    2. Yay thanks so much! This way, I get to save some money to try out other cushions hahaha :) Anyway, I really appreciate that Hera made their new cushions compatible with the old ones although I really dig this new packaging of theirs. Meanwhile, I'm still judging IOPE and Laneige for completely changing the cases of their new cushions, but it's good to know that my old cases from them aren't going to be mere collectibles at all :)

      Delete
    3. Yes, I love that too, I have too many old Hera and Laneige cases, it would be a waste not to use them :)
      I love the Nude variant more, it's watery and natural-looking. For me the coverage is enough, it's quite light, but for sure some ladies out there would prefer medium-full.

      Delete
    4. That's nice to know! I'm planning to buy the Nude variant since they have a 25 (btw what's the point of not having a 25 in the Cover series). I also like having cushions with natural coverage as backups as I observed in the past few days that the Laneige looks a bit heavier on "good skin" days. Thank you for the recommendation!

      Delete
  2. Did you bought the nude in c17?
    i really wanna know if Hera cushion is slightly darker (like Laneige) from other cushions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! thanks for your question :) if I'm not mistaken 17 Rose Vanilla is only available in the Cover version...Nude is available in 13, 21, 23 and 25 Amber...
      I'm curious about 17 Rose Vanilla too, I will probably try it in the Long Stay Matt variant :)

      Delete
    2. Hera is definitely lighter in tone than Laneige.

      Delete
  3. Looks like the NEW HERA UV MIST CUSHION NUDE has SPF50 as announced on the official site -
    http://www.hera.com/kr/en/library/press_release/press22.html
    Can we confirm on this? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I looked at the site and it says that Nude only has SPF 34. Cover version has SPF 50.

      Delete
  4. Hey! Can the cover cushion case be refilled with the nude one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!

      Sure, all Hera UV mist cushion refills are interchangeable, doesn't matter whether you use the cover or nude case, they will fit :)

      Delete
  5. Can the cover cushion case be refilled with nude one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, is the original version (2015 or earlier) more similar to Nude or Cover variant in terms of coverage?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I tried the original UV mist and I I would have to say the cover version is similar, though the shades are different (cover 21 is lighter than the previous C21). Nude version is very light and dewy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts