Thoughts on Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion - Brightening

A super busy month for me and I've been neglecting my blog yet again! Haha anyway, I'm posting a quick review on yet another BB/CC cushion foundation!

I have quite a few of them in my collection right now and I use them everyday, depending on the finish I want to achieve for the day. Basically I alternately use the following in my morning routine:

Hera UV Mist Cushion Ultra Moisture - C21
OHUI Ultimate Cover CC Cushion - 01 Vanilla Beige
Innisfree Long Wear Cushion No. 21 (I believe this is a good match, but it darkens overtime so I will stick with No. 13 next time)

And my latest acquisition, the Sulwhasoo Perfecting Cushion Brightening in no. 17 Light Beige.



To get an idea on the shade selection, see the pic below from Beautifulbuns:



This cushion is a new release from Sulwhasoo, they have the original Perfecting Cushion in their lineup, which I haven't tried yet, so I can can't compare... the Brightening version has magnolia and licorice extracts which purifies the complexion.

Coverage level is medium, it won't cover blemishes but it evens out the skintone beautifully. The finish is dewy, but not as glowy as OHUI ultimate cover. What I like about this cushion is that it gives an immediate brightening effect, a luminous look to the skin. Thumbs up as well for the SPF 50 PA+++. It gives very little oil control though, and I have to blot after 4 or 5 hours. This cushion stays put quite nicely even after a long day.



This cushion covers pores and will really give a flawless look if you have good skin, even with minor imperfections. Do I like it? Yes ofcourse, except for the oil control, but then again, I only get good oil control with the Innisfree Long Wear. I like the no. 17 shade, because it does not darken on me, and has very good yellow undertones which is a perfect match for Asian skin.

This retails for around US$65, so it is expensive, but then Sulwhasoo is a premium brand, so you get what you pay for in terms of ingredients and overall finish.

Comments

Popular Posts