Guerlain Terracotta Le Parfum







Guerlain is one of my favorite perfume houses (I have a small vintage collection of Mitsouko, Vol de Nuit, L'heure Bleue, Shalimar, Nahema and Samsara) so it's no surprise that I had to get this little gem too! A mass market offering from Guerlain (but still limited edition), this latest perfume is a tribute to the 30th anniversary of the Terracotta line. Come to think of it, my first bronzing powder was Terracotta too, so I guess buying this was truly justified. :p

And yes, the scent is beautiful. Warm, sensuous...the slightly citrusy opening, followed by a creamy tuberose,  the exotic jasmine, and orange blossom, softly woven with tiare and the slightest hint of coconut is just perfection, all laid on a bed of vanilla and musk. This perfume warms up the skin and just smells so delicious! I'm not much of a fan of beachy or tropical fragrances (and having lived in the tropics all my life,  these type of fragrances do not conjure up images of a tropical country) but this one was done right--- no suntan lotion aroma, no coco-nutty-oily scent, and even the tiare (or gardenia) is soft and not overpowering, not a white flower explosion. It says it's summer in a bottle, but I imagine this would go well in cooler weather too. Lasting power is excellent. It's not too sweet or gourmand, and smells expensive. I don't imagine beachy, carefree summer days with this one----more of sultry, endless summer nights perhaps, on a faraway land.

Comments

Popular Posts