Laneige Serum Intense Lipsticks

I had a month-long obsession with Laneige and as a result, I bought several items from the brand. I previously reviewed their discontinued cleansing oil here and now I'll be posting my thoughts on their Serum Intense Lipsticks.

I'm a lip junkie it's my first time to try lippies from Laneige. The last Korean lipstick I bought was from the Face Shop. I loved my lippies from Etude House as well so I'm quite excited to try these. 


Serum Intense Lipsticks are said to deliver vibrant color that brightens up the face (hence the term LED lipstick) with moisturizing properties due to its 30% serum content, making it smooth and comfortable to wear. 


The shades I chose were LR 05 Flash Pink and LR 06 LED Pink:



At the top of the ingredients list is squalane, so I guess the serum content is true. These lipsticks are pigmented but nowhere near neon-lights proportions (which is a good thing for me). I find that it does brighten the face, and the pinks are quite wearable and suited for Asian skin.

As you can see, I have an obsession with pinks! One swipe of color each, and they are more or less the same when applied to lips.



Flash pink is a warm, everyday kind of pink. Ofcourse, the color does vary under different lighting, but in natural light, it's a muted everyday color. I find though that the color sort of "sits" on top of my lips and does not meld completely so it kind of separates with the serum.. It's not at all uncomfortable to wear, It is moisturizing and I get 3-4 hours of wear out of this. The shine fades after the 3rd hour but the lipstick itself does not dry up, I need to retouch after meals though. 



LED pink is just darker, but still muted. This one glides smoothly and stays on, and unlike Flash pink, the color melds onto my lips so it just looks and feels better, it makes my lips plump and smooth. I get around 4 hours of wear time with this and it leaves a subtle stain on my lips after eating/drinking. 



They're not the most long lasting lipsticks out there but they're great everyday shades, pigmented enough yet moisturizing. Also, they do not feel heavy or waxy. The color selection is quite good (over 20 shades I believe). Just one thing, they're a bit expensive at Php 1150.and the lipstick case is made of plastic. Not  the prettiest in your vanity table, but it does not add heft to your makeup bag because it's pretty lightweight. 

Compared to my other lipsticks, I'd say the texture is a bit heavier than YSL Rouge Volupte Shines (balmy, lightweight)  but lighter than the original Rouge Volupte and Suqqu Bright Up Lipsticks (which are creamier in feel). 

Comments

Popular Posts