Review on Su:M37 White Award Line



After my success with Sulwhasoo I decided to try another high-end  Korean skincare brand, this time from LG (Sulwhasoo is from Amore Pacific),  Su:M37. FYI, Su:m means the skin's respiration, and 37 is supposedly the ideal temperature for fermentation. Hope in a Blog has an excellent introduction of the brand. Lucky for me because it's my first time to try naturally fermented skincare. What I also like about this brand is that it's free from preservatives, artificial colors and fragrances (though it does smell quite pleasant to me). 

White Award claims to firm, brighten and moisturize the skin, making it luminous and glowing. Active ingredients include  fermented  NAPS(N-ACETYLPHYTOS-PHINGOSINE) and Acai berry. NAPS is part of the natural defense system of the body and has anti-inflammatory properties, while Acai berry is an antioxidant. 

I have the White Award trial kit which includes the clear toner, essence lotion, detox mask, luminous treatment, and luminous recharging cream. Aside from this kit, I also have the whitening intense program (not shown). The kit is quite generous and I have been using it for 2 months now and I have not finished them, except for the luminous treatment. 

After cleansing, I use the products in this order: toner - luminous treatment / whitening intense program - lotion - luminous recharging cream. In the morning I use the lotion and save the luminous recharging cream for night time use. I use the mask once a week. 

Here is the breakdown of my product experience:

Clear Toner - It's watery and easily absorbed. It has a mild scent, not at all like alcohol. It's quite mild and very refreshing on the skin. I love putting this on right after I cleanse, to seal the moisture and soothe my face.

Luminous Treatment - I believe this is an essence type which has been discontinued. This has a lotion-like texture, quite runny, and has a very mild scent. It also makes my skin glow. 

Whitening Intense Program - As its name suggests, it's designed for intensive whitening. I love the texture of this, it's non-greasy and easily absorbed by the skin. with continued use, it does make the skin bright. 

Essence Lotion - I love this watery lotion for day use. It makes my skin glow, literally! and not the artificial glow you get from mica or other minerals, it's the "lit from within" kind.The runny texture is also easily absorbed. 

Luminous Recharging Cream - One of my favorite night creams, it plumps up my skin and is not too greasy at all. It makes my skin look smooth and well rested. 

Detox Mask - I didn't believe it at first, but when I applied this, it formed tiny bubbles and became quite foamy. When I rinse it off, my skin is visibly brighter. 

What I noticed about the White Award line is how all products are easily absorbed by the skin. And like Sulwhasoo, it seems to work from within, rather than provide immediate and artificial results. In short, you get what you pay for. The longer I use it, the more my skin becomes brighter and smoother. Yes, it helps banish pimples! I have to deal with occasional breakouts every month due to my period, but I find that when I used this line, the pimples I had healed quickly and it made my skin clearer for longer. The brightness of the skin is quite apparent too, after a week of use. So I'd say it works fast. 

Compared to Sulwhasoo's Snowise Ex, the brightening effects of Su M:37 work slightly faster, and it helps clear up blemishes too. However, Snowise Ex is a lot more hydrating and soothing. White Award is ideal for the summer because of the lighter texture. I don't really have a lot of dark spots anymore so I'd say it worked to make my skin clear and bright.  I go out without makeup or concealer, and I don't use my foundations anymore. 

The downside is, it's not available in the Philippines, and it's expensive as well, like Sulwhasoo. Luckily they have trial kits and are quite generous with samples. I'm very impressed with Korean skincare and I haven't tried anything else.




Comments

  1. Hi!! I really would like to know from where you bought this and the sulwhasoo trial kits... Ive been looking online and I can find the full products, but not any kits?? Plz email me at emilyjanedyck@hotmail.com thank you xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts