Laneige Deep Cleansing Oil Moisture


I'll take a break from my obsession on lip products (and even cheek products, goodness!) to review the cleansing oil I am currently using:



Bought this in Trinoma for Php 1450. I understand this is being discontinued, and will be replaced by the brightening cleansing oil. Nevertheless, I still bought it because I used up my Muji one and I was keen to try more products from Laneige. Just give a brief background, I tried their eyeshadows and concealer before, but I did not have much of a good experience so I never bothered to review them. Now that they have revamped their makeup line I'd like to give the brand a second chance.

And a third. And a fourth! My whole stash of Laneige products made me want more and more, but that's going to be discussed in my next reviews.

Anyway, back to the cleansing oil. It's the moisturizing variant, with herbal extracts. I'm quite happy that it's mineral oil free. 

First thing I noticed was the scent. I like scented products in the first place, so this was a winner. Slightly citrusy with a hint of florals. Just because of the scent I definitely prefer this over the Muji one. 

It also has a thick consistency, but not as thick as Muji. It's easy to spread, and is very emollient.
It actually has a jelly-like feel to it. When I mix it with water, it doesn't emulsify as much as I'd want it to, and turns into an off-white color. The jelly texture stays on until I rinse it off. It does not leave a sticky residue. 

I find that it's quite efficient in removing all my makeup, including sunblock, mascara, what have you. It's quite soothing as well.
As with all other cleansing oils, I still use facial foam afterwards, because I'm acne-prone and I'm a big fan of double cleansing.

It's a good cleansing oil, but it's expensive in a way, and Muji is much cheaper. Thing is, I prefer cleansing oils with a thinner consistency that emulsify well when mixed with water and will turn milky white. So I'd have to say that the best I've tried is the Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Oil, followed by the Shu Uemura Fresh Pore Clarifying. Laneige though is a good one for beginners, plus the scent is a winner! And it's a bargain compared to Sulwhasoo and Shu. I'm willing to try the upgraded versions of this. 



Comments

Popular Posts