YSL Series: Rouge Volupte Shine - Pink in Devotion and Corail Incandescent


Oh yes, I'm still obsessed with YSL lipsticks! My latest haul is the Rouge Volupte Shine, no. 6 (Pink in Devotion) and 12 (Corail Incandescent).



Packaging is, hands-down, the best of the best. So beautiful and chic!


Rouge Volupte Shine has a light, balmy texture which goes on smoothly on the lips. It's quite pigmented too, but the pigment is transparent, so it enhances the natural lip color instead of being fully opaque. It goes on like a lip balm, with high shine, then dries into a stain/satin finish about two hours. I don't even need to put on lip balm because it's quite moisturizing.

Pink in Devotion is described as a bright hibiscus pink, It's a cool toned pink with very fine shimmer. I'm not a fan of frost/shimmery lipsticks but this one is just right, it's very smooth, and not gritty. 





Corail Incandescent is a bright coral-red, with a bit of pink too.. It brightens up my face for sure! It's very pigmented and not very warm-toned, which is great for me because I'm not a fan of orange lips. It's my first coral-ish lipstick actually, so I'm glad I can pull this off. And looking at the YSL color categories this belongs to the reds, so I can't complain. It's a summery, happy color. 





The good thing about these lipsticks is that they last long. Pink in Devotion, being a lighter color, lasts for 5 hours, while Corail Incandescent lasts even longer, with eating and drinking. Both shades leave a beautiful stain on the lips and fade evenly. 

I'd say they last as long as the Glossy Stains, without the initial tacky/vinyl finish. This has a lighter, balmy feel. 

The downside is, they're expensive and not available here! So I have to get them overseas. But they're just super worth it. 

Comments

Popular Posts