YSL Series: Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stains

I'm kinda obsessed with YSL right now. It's the first time I am trying out this brand, and I got hooked!  I got the mini sample card of the Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain and I love it:






I love Glossy Stain because it lasts and lasts, except for when I eat greasy food! Otherwise it's glossy for about 2-3 hours, then turns into a slightly matte finish, and leaves a lovely stain on the lips. It lasts about 6 hours on me (with a stain left behind if I ate or drank). Otherwise, if I'm not eating, it stays on until I take it off!

It is kind of tacky on the first application, then it dries down. I love to put on a second coat for intense, vibrant color. It's beautiful and glossy. Afterwards the gloss fades and leaves behind a stain. The color gets deeper too. So it doesn't really "fade," rather, it just becomes matte.

I also find that I don't have to put on a lot to get the color I want. It's very pigmented. And the color "wraps" around the lips. Some may find this drying, but personally I don't have any chapped lips issue so this works so well. No lip lines or annoying dry patches, even as it dries. 

The applicator is great too, surprisingly! It's very precise and soft. 

No. 7 (Corail Aquatique) comes out as pinky coral on me, which is good as I can't stand orange tones! 




Rouge Gouache (11) is a deeper raspberry red in person and a really vampy color on me. I like the stain it leaves behind.



Rouge Laque (9) is a warm red, but it comes out more as a neutral red on me, and I actually love it! Looks juicy and bitten (even if I don't have a lip swatch ;p) 

I am definitely hoarding more colors and I'd like to see if the lighter shades would deliver the same performance. No. 7 is kind of medium in terms of pigmentation and it lasts all day too. So I'm keen to try the lighter colors. 

Downside: not available in the Philippines, but there's always online shopping. :)

Thanks for reading!






Comments

Popular Posts