Shu Uemura Tokyo Lash Mascara Quick Review

The mascara in question: Shu Uemura Tokyo Lash Mascara (Php 1700):


Review:

For its price, I expected a lot more from this. For one, the wet formula doesn't hold the curl. I only manage to keep the curl when I wipe off the excess mascara and apply the mascara in upward brush strokes. It is volumizing, but can be clumpy when built up. Up to two coats is fine. Maybe it will fare better when used together with the Shu Lash Curler, I'm not sure. But I had to re-curl several times in order to get that wide-eyed effect. After 4 hours, my lashes droop downwards again, or the curl is not as visible. It is also waterproof, so it can be removed only with cleansing oil.






So far, the best curl-holding mascara for me is the Majolica Majorca Lash Expander. It is great for lengthening too. For curling and volumizing, Maybelline The Falsies Mascara does the job. Both are waterproof though so they are hard to remove, although I don't have a problem with that because I use cleansing oil anyway. Still, I'm on the lookout for a washable mascara with great curl-holding properties. I will have to roadtest more!

Comments

Popular Posts