Quick review: Happy Skin Cosmetics - Shut Up and Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippies


The minute I saw these at Plains and Prints, I immediately grabbed them:



Happy Skin Cosmetics is a brand created by Jacqe Gosengtian-Gutierrez and Rissa Mananquil-Trillo. Both are considered  experts in the beauty industry here in the Philippines. A new local beauty brand is always welcome. Anyway, the philosophy for Happy Skin Cosmetics is skin-loving makeup, offering daily beauty essentials for girls who want to enhance their natural beauty.

I was intrigued by their foundations and concealers, even with their limited shade offerings. But I definitely wanted to try the Shut Up and Kiss Me moisturizing lippies because of their similarities with a popular international brand (ahem). It's a 3-in-1 formula---gloss, balm and color in one product.

I bought the shade First Kiss and Crushing on You (such cute names!)

First Kiss comes off as super bright pink on me.



 It was a little bright and a little too loud for my taste, but I found that it can be muted down to a more wearable color. It is very pigmented so I just dab a little on my lips and blend. Once muted, it certainly imparts a nice cool pink which can certainly pass off as the color of a "first kiss."



Crushing on You is a wearable nude which can work across a variety of skintones. I wish it pulls more mauve on me---rather, it comes off as a nice, warm nude color. This is more neutral compared to Curviest Caramel (which comes off as nude pink on me). 






How do they fare? They are more matte compared to the Chubby Stick Intense (which has a little more slip), but nevertheless still moisturizing. Pigmentation is great and the color lasts long---I don't have to re-apply that often. The shades I bought have no shimmer and they're not frosty, so they're not glossy at all. It's a good thing for me because I'm after the lasting color. Application is a breeze, plus it doesn't have that "thick" feeling associated with a lipstick. It's more like a matte lip balm with lots of color. 

I also like the ingredients, with shea butter and collagen thrown in. 

What's more, it's only Php 499! Super cheap!

Overall I'm pretty happy with these, they're good additions to my growing collection of lippies. :) I can't wait to try their other products!

Comments

Popular Posts