My Take on The Face Shop Aura Color Control CC Cream


I wasn't a huge fan of BB Creams when they first came out, I've tried a lot and I had trouble with gray-pink shades and the unflattering pinkish finish on my skin. I did find some that are on the yellow side but most of them were quite thick and hard to spread. Plus the fact that I don't need that much coverage for everyday use, so I just resort to pressed powders.

Now, CC Creams are all the rage---I'm not sure if it's because of Chanel who first came out with their "Complete Correction" Cream--- but I must say I'm loving them more than BB Creams! They can either mean "color control," "color change," or "color correct" but basically, I think their main purpose is not to cover, but to even out the skin tone and give a pretty glow. They also have skincare properties and SPF;  great for everyday use.

The Aura Color Control CC Cream from the Face Shop addresses skin darkening which is very common with BB creams. I personally experience oxidation while using BB Creams, and it's terribly unflattering. This formula claims to keep makeup bright and radiant for 12 hours, while providing SPF 30 and other anti-wrinkle/whitening properties. 

From the website:


* Brightening + Anti-wrinkle + SPF  effect
Creates a "Spotlight Makeup" : turns up the wattage of your skin tone with enhanced skin luminosity

"A Born-color Cream" : just like you were born with a  brighter ,healthier & naturally luminescent  skin!
  
*12H Long-wearing : with its innovative darkening-proof formula, the makeup is maintained morning-fresh & bright for 12 hours.

*12H Hydrating: promotes Clear & lively skin tone
Super blendable & layerable  texture allows buildable coverage & easy touch ups on-the-go.




The ingredients are listed in English and it's great that I don't see any parabens. My shade is 01 Radiant Beige, which is a light shade with a balance of pink and yellow undertones. I thought I was matched to 02 Natural Beige, which is more yellow, however I got a bit lighter now because I've been using Sulwhassoo Snowise EX (more on that on my next post).



I just bought the refill to try out. it costs 995 pesos, as opposed to the product with the compact and mirror with retails for 1595 pesos. 



The consistency is slightly thick but it's easy to spread out on skin. It's very pigmented and one pump of the product can cover my whole face. I'd say the coverage is medium to full, and it can camouflage redness, acne scars, and dark spots.  The sponge sheers out the product to give a lighter coverage. Personally, I prefer to use my fingers, or a paddle foundation brush to tap the CC cream on areas that need more coverage. 

Because the coverage is quite high I only need very little product each time I apply. I just love it when a product performs well based on its claims---and I'm happy to report that this does not oxidize on me. It also wears well, and the finish is semi-matte, there is definitely a slight glow and a healthy look to the skin. I've gotten a lot of compliments while wearing this ---how my skin glows and looks smooth in any kind of lighting. Bear in mind though that I have oily-combination skin, so this is pretty much moisturizing for me and it gives me a healthy glow without being too oily. Dry-skinned girls may find that this may give off a more matte finish. I was told by the SA that this is indeed more matte, and that if I wanted a glowy finish, I should go for the Smart Capsule CC Cream (which is sold out here, by the way). 



What I like about it:

-good coverage
-long-wearing
-no darkening/oxidation
-no need to top off with powder
-no breakouts

What I don't like about it:

-slightly thick consistency ( I use this on top of my sunblock which is creamy enough).
-I'm not a fan of the packaging because I don't have any idea how much product is left---it just said that if you press it 20 times and no product comes out then it's time to replace it!

This is a winner for me--- it has replaced my regular foundation. It's perfect for days when I need good coverage.  I also have another CC Cream which I love and I'll be posting my review on that as well!

Comments

Popular Posts