Review: SUQQU Blend Color Eyeshadow - Mizuaoi

I love SUQQU foundations, and their Creamy Glow Lipstick is also great, but this is the first time I'm trying out their eyeshadows. Aside from being expensive, they're not available here in the Philippines, which is just too sad. That doesn't stop me from lemming, though.




SUQQU Blend Color Eyeshadow in Mizuaoi was first released in Autumn 2011. I'm not sure though if this is being discontinued or not. Anyway, I'm so glad to have it!

The box is huge, and the black compact is smooth and very elegant. It has two applicators, one dual-sided sponge tip and one dual sided brush made of squirrel (?) hair. They're very soft. Also because the compact is huge one would think that it has a lot of product, when it only has 6g, slightly less product than, say, Chanel Les 4 Ombres. 

It's got to be the prettiest palette that I own right now. Then again, I also ordered Sumiredama from their Spring 2013 collection, but it hasn't arrived yet, so in the meantime I'm contented with this. the colors lean cool, but the pink with multi-color shimmer gives it warmth. 




All shades have very fine, multi-colored shimmer except for the white base shade on the lower right. I'm not a fan of too shimmery or metallic shades, but these are just so pretty and refined, very work-appropriate and not tacky at all. They make the eyes look bright, especially the blue and the warm pink shades. I love the white base because it's not stark white at all---it is very refined and it evens out the skin tone on the eyes to create a neutral and smooth canvas for eye color application.  The purple shade is also to die for---cool toned and complex. But I think the best part is that they can be layered to create new colors. Drivel about frivol  has detailed and excellent swatches and makeup looks on this palette. 

But I have to admit that I had a peculiar time in playing with this palette. I tried applying this with my MAC 239 and a couple of my other MAC brushes, but I would always, always get fallout----very tiny particles of shimmer that's not too apparent, but when I get really close on the mirror I would see them scattered all over my cheeks. I got so frustrated, because I tried every single shade and applied them very carefully but still I would get fallouts! The mini brushes, although very soft, do not substitute at all for full-sized brushes. It was quite terrible and I thought that maybe I got a bad batch or something!

Then, I tried applying it with my Chikuhodo Z-10 eyeshadow brush (more on that on my next post). I was amazed! No more fallouts. Seems that the pigment stuck more with the Z-10 and true enough, I applied my eyeshadow flawlessly. I did not have any more problems and the colors lasted all day on me. It seems that this palette is pretty high-maintenance, favoring squirrel brushes! lol! I do not know if anybody has similar experience, I mean I've had my MAC brushes for the longest time and this is the first time they did not work. I could be wrong in applying them, for all I know...But for now I'm sticking with my Chikuhodo Z-10 with this.

So, overall I am still IN LOVE with Mizuaoi. The colors are so pretty and complex, all very wearable, great for bright, subtly shimmery daytime eyes  to smoky nighttime looks. It's also versatile because I can come up with pretty combinations of colors so I get more mileage with this palette. 

I wore this today layering all the shades, and then adding more of the darkest shade on my outer v/crease. 





Cool & lovely!

Face:
MUD Cream Foundation YG1
Becca Fine Pressed Powder
Chanel Les Beiges no. 40 - contour
Benefit Dandelion Blush

Eyes:

SUQQU Blend Color Eyeshadow - Mizuaoi
NARS Larger than Life Volumizing Mascara

Lips:
Avon Ultra Color Rich Rose lipstick in Amelia Rose layered with
Clinique Chubby Stick Intense- Curviest Caramel



Comments

Popular Posts