Quick Review: Powder Foundations (the Face Shop, ZA, In2it)

Today I will be posting quick reviews of the drugstore brands I mentioned. All of them are powder foundations. I love powder foundations because they're easy to use, and perfect for days when I need to rush to the office and back. Also the matte finish is great for when I have a super oily t-zone. 
See the products below:


1. ZA Perfect Fit Two-Way Powder Foundation in OC 00--- great shade match, very versatile because it can be used wet (full coverage) or dry (medium coverage). Leaves a matte finish. I dust Chanel les beiges sheer powder afterwards to bring back that "glow" from my skin. Can look cakey if applied heavily. I also appreciate the SPF. Oil control lasts about 4 hours, and the foundation lasts for 6-7 hours,  which is pretty average. I love applying this with a damp sponge because it lasts longer and goes on really smooth. Overall it's a great everyday foundation. 

Cons: it works fine when I use it alone, but I find that it breaks me out when I use it frequently together with my usual sunblock (Armada post procedure barrier cream). I may have to try a different sunblock formula just to see if there's a difference.

price: Php 350 for refills, case sold separately.


2. In2it Sheer Natural 2-way Foundation in SSF 01 Sheer Beige--- also versatile, can be used wet or dry, but I love using it dry with a powder brush. Coverage is sheer to medium. It has SPF 25 so it's also good for everyday use. Leaves a natural matte finish plus it lets the skin shine through---in other words, very natural-looking. Sheer Beige is a balance of pink and yellow undertones. Lasting power is around 5 hours. Oil control is about 4 hours. 

Cons: although I do love the natural finish, it does not last long. 

price: Php 425

3. The Face Shop Phytogenic Powder Foundation in NB 21 --- great shade match, leaves a satin finish, does not look cakey. Lasting power is also around 6-7 hours. 

Cons: this one broke me out big time, which is disappointing. Also the oil control is not that great.

price: Php 995 including compact

Comments

Popular Posts