Quickie Post: Foundation Reviews

I just realized that I acquired a lot of foundation in the past months or so---some worked, while others did not, so I had to sell them or give them away. Anyway, I will post quick reviews of the foundations I have tried---a lot of these were purchased, while some were samples given to me. Here goes:

Powder:

Clinique Perfectly Real Radiant Skin Compact Makeup - This is such a mouthful! I love the formula because it did not cause  breakouts. It's quite powdery at first and it looks thick indoors, but outdoors my skin shows through and it looks completely natural. It lasts all day as well. So for me it's still medium-full coverage. My only gripe was that I was matched to Cream Beige, which is a lot darker than my actual skin tone. II would repurchase this if I could, but I heard Clinique recently came out with the Even Better Powder Makeup, and now I'm curious about that!

Lancome Maqui Blanc Miracle Powder Foundation - I love that it has SPF 35, it's a full coverage foundation for me as well, but it can be sheered out with the use of a brush or the softer side of its dual-ended sponge. It brightens my skin and it looks natural as well. No breakouts for me when I used this. It lasts all day too. Downside: poor oil control; it does not fade but I have to blot frequently when I use this, and it's expensive (P1850 for the refill). I would repurchase this in a lighter shade, because I was matched to O-O3 and it's too dark for me. 

Liquid:

SUQQU Frame Fix Cream Foundation - I raved about the SUQQU Cream Foundation before because it's a fantastic formula. I bought this because it claims to have much better staying power. My shade is 102. Well, it does last all day because it has a built-in primer, however this has a more matte finish compared to the Cream Foundation. It's also a bit drier and harder to blend. It's full coverage and a little goes a long way. The deal breaker for me though is that it contains mineral oil---so I was wary to use this everyday because it might break me out. It's also very expensive and hard to find! 

Armani Luminous Silk - Easy to blend, buildable coverage, and the shade match is perfect -----No. 2 , which is a neutral shade with pink & yellow undertones, but I think I can do away with no. 4 as well, which is more yellow. The finish is semi-matte on me---nowhere as luminous as Chanel Pro Lumiere--which is fine because I have oily skin.  It's lightweight and it lasts all day---however it would cling to dry patches on my skin, which is odd. It would have been HG foundation for me. 

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation - This came from a sample --- I had this in no. 3 though my usual BB shade is 2. It goes on tacky at first (which I don't like) but when it dries it doesn't budge. It lasts all day and has a semi-matte finish. It's also medium-full coverage. 

Chanel Perfection Lumiere -- My shade is 10 Beige----excellent shade match, it has very light feeling on the skin. A little goes a long way, and the coverage is buildable---I don't need so much coverage and I use very little, it does not feel heavy at all. It's more matte compared to Pro Lumiere, but there's still a bit of dewiness peeking through. No breakouts for me when I use this. It does have a rose-y scent, but it doesn't bother me at all.  This is currently my favorite foundation. 


Comments

Popular Posts