2012 Favorites

Yay, another year roundup! Last year I posted my favorite products, and now I'd like to share my 2012 favorites. Again I haven't done reviews for most of these, but I've been using them regularly for this year:

For lip color, although I love my Guerlain Rouge Gs and Automatiques, my vote goes to Laura Mercier Shimmer Lip Color. The shade I bought is Raspberry Sorbet. This has everything in it: creamy, opaque color and coverage, lovely sheen (take note--it's sheen, not shimmer), lasting wear, concentrated formula, non-bleeding or feathering, and most of all, bang for the buck (sells for Php 895 which is cheaper than MAC!) Special mention for the balmy, thinner formulas, which are not as opaque but are still long-wearing: Guerlain Shine Automatique, Lancome Rouge in Love and Suqqu Creamy Glow (review coming soon).



For cheeks, I like the Becca Beach Tints (P1850) for that creamy, natural-looking flush that lasts all day. I use it on the lips too and it looks fantastic, like a matte lip color. I don't even bother to top it with lip balm, it's just so pretty. The shade featured is Raspberry.



The Laura Mercier Eye Canvas evens out the skintone on my  lids and helps my makeup last all day. The cream-to-powder formula is easy to work with and the color looks very natural, not too yellow----just a nice neutral shade.



For the eyes, I'm loving Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow in Galaxy, a complex shimmery color with touches of silver, pewter and even a bit of purple in it. I wear it alone with no primer and it lasts all day. And because the color is so complex, I can wear it alone and it just lasts from coffee to cocktails! For powder eyeshadows I stick to the classic neutral ones ---Chanel Kaska Beige (warm) and Dior 734 Grege (cool). 



I love the Shu Uemura Instant Glow Skin Perfecting Cream as my makeup primer. Not only does it perfect and add radiance to the skin, I find that it makes my foundations last and keeps them from oxidizing. It also works well with my combination skin, it's not greasy and it absorbs well. 



Ofcourse, I'm smitten with NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, for its great coverage and healthy looking glow. It's all I've been using lately. I also love the color match.  If I have to pick foundations though, I'd go for Suqqu Cream Foundation (natural looking coverage) or the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation (long-wearing, semi-matte finish).




For powder, I love the Becca Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder Foundation for its sheer-to-medium coverage that looks like skin. It's mineral powder perfection! Runners up: Suqqu Dual Effect Powder Foundation (looks very natural but it's not available here) and Clinique Perfect Real Radiant Skin Compact Makeup.



Makeup tools---The ones that get the most mileage out of my collection are the following:  Tom Ford Cheek Brush (doesn't it look the same as the advertisement?) --the ultimate multitasker, it's a great blush brush, but I also use it for powder and liquid/cream foundations. It's also super soft and luxurious.  Stila No. 21 Brush--another multitasker, I use it for powder, blush, and even contouring. My other staples for eye makeup are the MAC 222 (for powder) and the Artist Studio Synthetic Eyeshadow Brush (for cream shadows).


Other products: Guerlain Terracotta Light for bronzer, Guerlain Meteorites for finishing powder & Benefit Sugarbomb for powder blush/highlighter.

For skincare, I haven't really changed my regimen but I've been road-testing a couple of skincare products which I will review very soon. I've also tried a lot of fragrances this year and I hope to review them as well---but my favorites for the year are Frederic Malle Iris Poudre and L'Eau d'Hiver, as well as the classic Chanel no. 22.

I'm looking forward to more product reviews for next year! All the best for 2013!

Comments

Popular Posts