Thoughts on NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30

I had a couple of NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer samples and after using it for a couple of weeks, I'm in love with the product. I used to buy Nivea Tinted Moisturizer back in college for its non-greasy feel, but they discontinued it here so I looked for other options. Laura Mercier Oil-Free TM on the other hand, still feels a bit greasy on me. Read on:




From NARS' website:

Your skin – almost bare, but better. This advanced, oil-free formula provides a translucent veil of color and sun protection while helping to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots in just four weeks. Infused with lush, naturally derived botanicals and ingredients to immediately help thirsty skin feel hydrated. Kopara from French Polynesia and mineral rich seawater revive and re-mineralize skin for a softer, smoother, and brighter natural glow. Skin is transported.
  • Advanced sun protection
  • Hydrates and helps reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots for a brighter natural glow
  • Oil-free. Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic. Synthetic fragrance free.

The shade I have is Alaska which is the second lightest shade with a balance of yellow and pink undertones. Shades are very forgiving and they  blend well with the skin.





Texture is creamy, it's very easy to blend as I've said---and the shade match is perfect. It gives a satin-like finish and it's not greasy on me at all. I find that this suits me best when I wear it during colder weather because of the added hydration. On warmer weather I need to blot after 4 hours, which is normal for me.  It lasts all day and I don't feel the need to put powder on top because I'd like to keep the satin finish. Coverage-wise, I'd say it's medium, it covers scars and spots very well, but you need a concealer for bigger blemishes. Overall it has high coverage for a tinted moisturizer, which is good. It doesn't feel heavy when you layer it. the SPF 30 is a nice bonus as well, though you probably need a ton of the product to get full sun protection.

Wearing NARS TM alone on bare skin:


It's a great moisturizer for that natural, no makeup look! This is a keeper for me and I love it!

Comments

Popular Posts