Guerlain Liu Holiday 2012

The New Year is coming and it's time to party! But before that I had to pick up a couple of items from Guerlain Liu Holiday 2012 Collection. This post is kind of late but I  held back from purchasing my holiday collection because so many brands have different themes, so I had to wait and see all the other swatches first before I break the bank. For this year it's Guerlain for me!




I played around with the testers first before I decided to pick up my items. Based from other reviews the Meteorites Wulong Compact ($170) is a must have---and it truly is because of the beautiful refillable compact and the pressed powder which lend a pretty glow to the skin. However the price tag is a deal-breaker for me so I decided to get the Meteorites Perles du Dragon ($58) instead. It's a little more shimmery than the compact at first but swatched them side by side and after a few minutes they both give the same subtle, luminous finish. Both are limited edition, by the way.

Guerlain Meteorites corrects and illuminates the skin. The shimmer is not visible at all when worn and it gives a soft focused effect. I can use it as highlighter or  finishing powder because the shimmer is  much more subtle than the Chanel Loose Powder in Peche Perlee. It has the same 30g product which will last me for years.




Wearing Guerlain Meteorites

The Liu Eye & Lip Calligraphy Palette ($79) is very good----the black compact is a showstopper--- however the eye shadow shades are easily duped. If you travel a lot and you need a high-quality makeup compact that has everything you need, go get that one. Meanwhile, the Ecrin 4 Couleurs Eyeshadow ($59)  in Turandot has warm shades that are very flattering for warm skin tones, but the plummy shades remind me of a warmer, richer version of Chanel Kaska Beige, which I have, so I decided to skip that one as well. 

The lipsticks are a different story.The Rouge Shine Automatique ($35) in Lou Ling is a plum lipstick with subtle gold sparkle, which is very flattering on me, and when layered with Shine Automatique in Altoum (gold sparkle) the effect is gorgeous! It's like a grown-up, sophisticated version of those sparkly Lancome Juicy Tubes.The shimmer is not overpowering at all and it doesn't feel gritty. Altoum is versatile and is great for layering with other lipsticks. It tones down the color and gives a warmer gold sparkle to the lips. 




They also have nail polishes in the same shades as the lipsticks, plus they also have the Liu Shimmer Powder, which is very much like the Vol de Nuit Shimmer powder they had last year. However the fragrance is very subtle. The shimmer though is beautiful when sprayed on the décolletage. How I wish Guerlain would include the actual fragrance on their collections!

Comments

  1. hey there! just wanna ask, did you get your guerlain in the philippines? where here? thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! yes I bought these at Rustan's Shangri-la. They also have a Guerlain Counter at Rustan's Makati. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts