Becca Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder Foundation

This holiday season I'm just obsessed with perfect, natural looking skin. I've been using the Prefectly Real Radiant Skin Compact from Clinique, but unfortunately the shade match is quite dark, and while I find the product fantastic, I'll probably re-purchase a lighter shade. In the meantime I went to the Becca counter in Adora to get matched with their mineral powder. 

I"ve kind of forgotten my love for mineral powders because I tried dozens of foundations and tinted moisturizers already, so I'm glad to re-kindle my interest on mineral-based products with the Becca Boudoir Skin Powder. The SA noted that the powder I was wearing was way too dark for my skintone so it was nice to get a much better match of product. I was previously matched to their stick foundation in Latte (neutral) and it just blended so well with my skin that I trust them to find the perfect shade of powder for me. I find that department store counters give me a darker shade whenever I get matched with foundation  and I can blame the yellowish / soft lighting for that. 

So here is the Becca Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder in the shade Bloom:


Ingredients:





My shade, Bloom matches me perfectly and blends seamlessly into the skin:



What I like about it is that it provides a my-skin-but-better coverage, and seriously, it looks and feels as if I have no makeup on. It feels weightless and it also wears all day on me. It doesn't look cakey or powdery at all. I'd say coverage is light, but it can be built up to a medium---however it might take a lot of product to do that, plus it doesn't cover redness or pimples that much. It also doesn't irritate my skin. I use very little product and with my Stila no. 21 brush-- I don't even swirl the brush in because the powder is very soft and a simple tap picks up a good amount of powder. 

It also looks amazing on top of the Luminous Skin Color (my shade is Cashmere) and even with just a stipling brush, I look flawless and glowy---I got a lot of compliments. When used alone it's a bit more matte but once it settles on my skin it gives me a natural finish with a healthy sheen.

Downside is the amount of product (only 7g!) and for the price of Php 2350, it really  is expensive. I'd recommend this to people who have relatively good skin and want to enhance and even out their skintone. I'm keeping it because it looks so natural, and the shade is a perfect match. The good news though, is that Becca has re-packaged this as the Perfect Skin Mineral Foundation, with more or less the same ingredients but with more product (9.5g). I just hope they don't increase their prices that much!

Wearing Becca Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder Foundation:





Comments

Popular Posts