Travelling Beauty/Kikay Kit

I like to travel light, and I don't want to bother myself by carrying loads of beauty products for my trip. For skincare and hair I usually stick to mini samples and sachets to save space, and as for my makeup kit, I bring a small pouch crammed with all the stuff I would use throughout the trip. Mind you, this isn't my regular beauty kit which I bring to the office everyday (I usually only bring lash curler, comb, blotting paper, and concealer for the office). Right now I have a 2-day outdoor event and this is what I brought:





Let me share the contents of my small pouch:

Clinique Perfectly Real Radiant Skin Compact Makeup. Haven't reviewed this yet, because I'm still road-testing it, and so far it's promising. I love the natural, non-cakey, sheer-but-buildable coverage. It's all I use after sunblock, and it feels light on my face. I love the extra SPF too!

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit. Not the best concealer I've tried but it's quite handy to carry around. I don't use it regularly anymore so I'm just carrying it for retouch.

Shiseido Lash Curler. I find that this suits my eye shape better than Shu (see review). I'm not quite sold on the rubber pad though, because I prefer Shu's softer, silicone one. Still I bring my trusty Shiseido for perfectly curled lashes.

Majolica Majorca Lash King and Lancome Hypnose Precious Cells mascara- Lash King does its job but I find that it sort of fades mid-day----it doesn't smudge or clump; I have no idea but somehow the fibers just disappear on me so I top it with Lancome Precious Cells mascara to keep the length. Majolica though holds a curl all day!

Shu Uemura Eye Crayon Misty Brown - the natural brown/taupe color I use as eyeshadow when I'm super pressed for time. it's creamy and it glides so easily on my lids.

Charm Pro Eyeshadow Brush - I keep one shadow brush handy for blending. This one gets the job done.

Gatsby Oil Blotting Papers- For touch ups, this works best for me.

Mentholatum Lip Ice - My fave lip balm is actually Nivea, but since I used it up and bought this, I just have to use this up. This also works well except for when I have to reapply more often. I tote it because of the SPF 15.

Clinique Chubby Stick--For care and color! Love the shade because it highlights the rosiness in my cheeks, and it looks very natural.

Chanel Chance Eau Tendre-- I carry the 1.5 ml sample, no use in lugging a large perfume bottle... It's a sweet and no-fail scent. A bit too fruity for my taste, but the drydown is soft and it lasts all day, typical of a classy Chanel fragrance. 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts