Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm

I remember those So Big crayons from Crayola when I was in kindergarten. I loved them because they were big and fun to use. When Clinique first came out with Chubby Sticks, I was curious because it reminded me so much of So Big crayons, but I wasn't that sold. I prefer opaque, full color lipsticks, that's why. On lip balms, I prefer something colorless with adequate SPF. 

But I'm actually in love with Clinique right now because of their excellent customer service, so I finally decided to try the Chubby Stick (Php 920).

What I got is Voluptuous Violet:



From Clinique:

Super-nourishing balm is loaded with mango and shea butters. Just what dry, delicate lips need to feel comfortably soft and smooth. Sixteen natural-looking lip tints in all, each with a subtle sheen.




It has a balmy texture, not too thick nor thin. It has a very comfortable and moisturizing feel to it. The color is sheer but buildable to a certain extent. It makes the lips look healthy, and the effect is very natural, not too made up.

Voluptuous Violet is not a scary violet shade----it's  MLBB for me----it just brightens up my face. The plummy pink tint also enhances my natural cheek color, making me look naturally rosy without the need for blush. It also leaves behind a nice stain. Plus I don't need to sharpen it!






What I like about it:

-sheer, buildable, natural color
-balmy texture, non-sticky---perfect for kissing 
-lasts well 
-fun packaging

What I don't like about it:

none, but it would be nice if it were flavored, or had SPF. 

Bottomline is, I'm totally in love with it and I plan to get more colors!

Comments

Popular Posts