SUQQU Cream Foundation Review


Let me say that currently, this is my HG foundation:



It's the SUQQU Cream Foundation and I have it in shade 15:


As with other Japanese brands, it's yellow based but I'd say that the color is neutral. It's a perfect match for my skin---it does not oxidise, and it simply disappears once applied.

What I love about this is the texture. It's a cream foundation, but it's lightweight and it spreads easily. It leaves a very natural finish. I have to say that it's the most natural-looking cream/liquid foundation I own. It leaves my skin with a healthy glow, but it's not greasy. There's no tacky feeling after application.

Coverage is light to medium. I don't know how it does it but my face just looks naturally flawless whenever I have this on. It does not look like a mask and it photographs well. I use this on its own but SUQQU recommends the Creamy Makeup Base prior to this foundation to conceal pores and provide lasting power. Because of the natural-looking coverage it will not cover major blemishes or acne scars---concealer is needed for those things. But I'm fine with it and I don't need to conceal that much. Lasting power is around 8 hours before it starts to fade around my nose, but the rest of the foundation is still intact after a long day. It does not make me grease up throughout the day (I have oily skin with occasional dry patches at the cheek area).I don't have to put powder on top and it leaves my skin glowing.  I use setting powder though to make it last the whole day.



Here you can see the Suqqu shade no. 15 at the left, followed by Chanel Pro Lumiere in no. 10, and the Suqqu dual effect powder foundation in 003.



I find that it applies best with fingers or a flat paddle-shaped foundation brush. Sheer application is best with this one--- a little goes a long way. AI apply it in thin layers. Coverage can be built up to a medium, but that's it. 



It's HG for me because I can use it everyday, for light coverage days or even when I need to look more polished for special occasions. It does not make me break out. It does not have a "silicony" feel to it unlike the lighter, watery foundations found in the market today. It just feels like a light moisturizer. So it feels like I have nothing on and it looks very natural. It deserves all the love! It's expensive though and it's only available in the UK. 

Comments

  1. 100% agree! It's a beautiful foundation and I can't ever imagine anything comparing to it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts