Thoughts on SUQQU Dual Effect Powder Foundation

As much as I love liquid foundation I still love to try out powder foundation because it's quick and easy to use especially when I'm running out the door and I only have less than15 minutes to complete my makeup routine. The last foundation I enjoyed using is Paul & Joe----however the brand has pulled out of the Philippines I believe, and is no longer available in Rustan's.

I also tried another high-end brand which I won't mention---because it made me break out horribly. I knew I was allergic to the product because I would see red spots the moment I would take my makeup off. The pimples only disappeared after I stopped using it. I kind of regretted that because the powder was so expensive. :/

Just imagine my hesitation to try out another powder foundation because of what happened. But hey, SUQQU is a high-end Japanese brand which is not available here. I'm lusting after the it.  It's derived from the Japanese word "sukku"---which means "posture with attitude." I just love the brand concept!

Anyway I was lucky to score a sample of its Dual Effect Powder Foundation:



I believe this was a release for their Spring 2012 collection. According to the website, it's meant to give a flawless complexion without the use of a makeup base. It contains two formulations in one compact --which is meant to fight sebum, minimize pores, and prevent dryness. It also claims to last all day.

The shade I got is 102---which is a light-medium neutral shade. Shade guide: first digits in 0-yellow, 1- neutral, and 2- pink. 



the lighter-colored powder is meant to be used on the oilier side of the face---t-zone, cheeks and forehead--to cover pores and control oil, while the darker powder is creamier and is meant for the u-zone of the face---the chin and jawline--to fight dryness.

Seriously, I think this powder is meant for me! I'm very oily in my t-zone but I also have dry patches in the sides of my face----and this powder foundation got everything covered. It's very finely milled and it spreads easily and leaves a very natural-looking finish. Coverage is a very comfortable medium. Although you can build this up without looking cakey. I'd say this has the  most natural-looking finish of all the powder foundations I've tried. I tried using this with a brush and the included sponge--and they both work great. 

The finish is matte initially, but once it settles with the skin's natural oils it leaves a nice satin finish. Best of all, no breakouts for me!



Lasting power is up to 9 hours---tops. Then it begins to fade in my nose area. I've had more longer-lasting powder foundations but then they would look cakey when built up. This is way more natural-looking. The shade is a perfect match as well---although it's only limited to 6 shades, so anyone lighter that NC 15 or darker than NC 35 may have a problem finding a match. 

The only downside is the price----49 pounds or around $78 just for the refill. But the quality is just worth it!

I'm very impressed with powder foundation. It's the perfect everyday powder if you ask me. It is expensive but the formula is top notch and the quality is amazing. Too bad it's only available in Japan, Thailand and the UK. I've already hit the pan on my sample so I  asked my sister to hoard this for me!

Comments

Popular Posts