Just to Liven Things Up: Benefit Sugar-Licious

It occurred to me that my make up kit is quite blah----I just sold some of the few items I had, paring down my kit to basics and retaining only the items which I use all the time. And I realize that I lost variety in my makeup! i knew I had to grab something to liven things up---and anyway, I'm preparing for the upcoming fall and winter makeup collections---my favorite---because the colors are more decadent and dramatic.

But before that, I'm just gonna review my recent haul--something cheery and bright to beat the makeup blues---from Benefit Cosmetics! It recently opened its boutique in Rustans so I had to grab the  Sugar-Licious Deliciously Nude Lip & Cheek Kit:




I just love these Benefit Kits because they contain a handful of products in mini sizes--perfect for trying them all out without having to splurge a lot. They're also pretty economical because they last long as most of them are pigmented and a little goes a long way with these babies. The colors are not exactly bold but together the products create a naturally glowing complexion--take a look!




Benetint is my all-time favorite lip and cheek tint, it's rose-colored and budge proof once applied. I like it because it's so natural-looking. Great for a no-makeup look!

High Beam is one product I've always wanted to try! Can't believe I never tried highlighters---so I was just super amazed when I tried this one. it gives the most flattering glow to the cheekbones. I also use it on the brow bone, the bridge of my nose and Cupid's bow. It looks super gorgeous! I'll be saving this for special evening events. 

I'm a huge fan of Benefit boxed powders like Dandelion,  Hoola &  Coralista, so it's no surpised that Sugarbomb did not disappoint. The combination of peach, pink and plum is pretty and natural. The powder is also soft and pigmented--this shows up as a nicely pigmented blush on me. It's a peachy-pink color with a very flattering, glowy look---no glitter or unnatural shimmer here. And it shows up pinker or peachier depending on the lip color I use. An absolute winner!

And finally the Sugarbomb gloss is one that surprised me. I'm not a big fan of gloss because I like more opaque colors, but this one has a nice amount of pigment and it's not too shimmery. I love the scent too! It's a nice nude color that's great on it's own. It's also great for layering with other lip colors.

This kit offers great value for money (and it's quite affordable already at Php 1500). I use them all everyday on their own or I layer them together. It comes with a step-by-step instruction leaflet and also the mini brush which is also very soft. Thumbs up for this one!



Comments

Popular Posts