Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lip Swatches

Summer is long over and we're now looking at autumn/holiday collections for makeup brands so this is kind of late. When Chanel released  Rouge Coco Shine I did not jump into the bandwagon as I favor more opaque lipsticks with lasting color (hello Guerlain Rouge G). I kind of forgotten how nice it is to have sheer and shiny lipsticks, because they go well with anything, even with smoky eye makeup and they're great for everyday wear. The only downside is the wear time, but then, it's fun to re-apply!

Rouge Coco Shine is supposed to be hydrating, sheer and lightweight---quite the opposite of the original Rouge Coco. It has a glossy finish and makes the lips look fuller and healthier looking. The advertisement is right on the spot!

The colors are very wearable and because they're sheer they provide a nice veil of color to the lips. They last for 3 to 4 hours on me. They're also hydrating because I don't need lip balm to wear this. It has a faint rose-y scent just like the original Rouge Coco (Rouge Allure has a slightly sweeter scent). As expected from Chanel, the shimmer is sophisticated and not frosted or glittery. 
Here's what I got:


57 Aventure is a light, sheer strawberry pink. It has subtle blue undertones as well which shows up depending on the lighting.





62 Monte Carlo shows up me like a warm & sheer strawberry red. This is my least favorite because it just amplifies my natural lip color. 



46 Liberte is a sheer, peachy coral, It's a warm color so it's great for everyday wear.



And finally, 54 Boy - is a sheer, mauve-y blue pink. Didn't think it would work on me but it did. It's my favorite color out of the lineup because it mutes my natural lip color without making me look washed out. It looks unique and so pretty in person!



wearing Boy:



I'll be getting a backup of 54 Boy. They're limited edition but I'm sure they still have it (as of this time). Overall Rouge Coco shine is lightweight, easy to apply and quite hydrating, with a nice wash of color. I'm not into sheer lipsticks but I loved these.  I'll just get my favorite because they're quite pricey. Then again, it's Chanel so you get what you pay for. 

Comments

Popular Posts