Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit Review


It's midweek, and I'll sneak in a product review!


Bobbi Brown was one of the first high-end brands I've tried. I remember I blew off my entire salary just to purchase the Shimmer Brick in Rose. I was just starting at work and my Dad wanted to kill me. hehehe.


Fast forward today, where I've tried dozens of brands already, and Bobbi Brown was shelved on my wishlist, for some reason. It's probably because I remained loyal to other brands.


But because I ran out of concealer, I decided to try the brand again.


I purchased the Creamy Concealer Kit in Beige:













One side contains concealer while the other contains a pale yellow setting powder. It's good for undereye circles, but I suppose it could work on blemishes too. The color of the concealer is pretty good. 


I can't help but compare this to Laura Mercier's undercover pot (by the way, Bobbi Brown used to have a concealer pot too, but they changed it to this to make it more portable and travel-friendly).


It is travel-friendly, because the container is so small! It fits even the smallest of purses:






Gross, I know, but as you can see I'm halfway through  with my pot. I've been using this regularly and it deserves my honest opinion.







Concealer is creamy; much more emollient that LM's Secret Concealer. It blends easily and covers dark circles well. It also gives a moist, almost dewy finish upon application.


The powder is, well, powdery & chalky, but I find that aside from setting the concealer, it also adds a brightening effect without any shimmer. This combo should be good, but I find that it settles and cakes around my eyes no matter how little product I apply and what kind of brush I use. I have fine lines and dryness around my eyes and even if I use  a heavy duty eye cream, this just creases on me. I like LM's loose powder more, because I can dust  lightly around my eyes and it sets the concealer and doesn't get cakey.


So I use the concealer alone. It works great but after a few hours, it slides off. So I tote this around for touch ups, because I need to reapply by mid-day. It just needs powder to work.


Anyway to be fair, it's portable and compact; it doesn't spill, so I have no issues in bringing this in my makeup kit.


And the powder is not that useless--I use it as a highlighter for the browbone. I find that I like its brightening effect better than shimmery eyeshadows. 


Price is pretty steep---around Php 2000 for a small pot?! I'll bet there are other better concealers out there for a fraction of its price. 


So there you have it---I won't repurchase this after I run out. Concealer with powder doesn't mix well with my undereyes anymore. Next time I'll look for a transfer-resistant concealer which doesn't need powder, something like Estee Lauder's Double Wear Concealer.


Bobbi Brown is available at Rustan's.

Comments

Popular Posts