Lip Collections: Rouge G de Guerlain

Tell me who was not swayed to buy Guerlain Rouge Gs when Temptalia posted her very comprehensive swatches of the range? I was absolutely smitten and these luxury lipsticks went straight to my "must buy" list! But at such a steep price of P2500 a pop, it was such a hard bargain. But anyway,  I've managed to own 4 of them, and still counting.

Rouge Gs are great because of the opaque, creamy color that lasts and lasts. That's the selling point for me. All are very wearable and moisturizing. I don't even need to wear lip balm underneath. Guerlain makes great lipstick formulas, because I also love Rouge Automatique, which is very different from Rouge G's texture and formula, being balmy and gel-like, with pure sheer color that is also lasting. Both are excellent. But we're talking about Rouge G here, and here is my mini collection:


Rose Innocent, a limited edition from their Spring 2012 collection, is a light, yellow-based pink that does not wash me out. It's so pretty and sheer and just lightens up my natural lip color. 



Galia is a darker nude for me. A great wearable and neutral lip color.


Gentiane, a reddish-pink with micro-shimmer just looks dressy and more formal. I love this for special occassions. Love the color and the beautiful shimmery finish.


And ofcourse, my favorite pink lipstick of the moment, Georgia:


All colors last long on me (around 5-6 hours) and I can imagine stronger and bolder colors would last even longer. I love the pigmentation, wear time, and concentration of the formula. One swipe is all I need and I'm good to go. So I guess it's more affordable in the long run because I use so little each time. 

My verdict? all-time favorite!

Comments

Popular Posts