Review on Laura Mercier Eye Canvas; New Haul

I decided to try out another eyeshadow primer, this time from Laura Mercier. I thought it was pretty affordable (only P995) and easily accessible compared to the Urban Decay Primer Potion (which is only available online).




From the Laura Mercier website:


Transform your eyelid into the perfect canvas for eye makeup application. This oil-absorbing innovative formula acts like a foundation for your eye, neutralizing the eyelid by providing lightweight coverage – all while extending makeup wear and prevent creasing and smudging all day.

I bought the color EC-2 (light beige), which has yellow undertones and a light peach/bisque color when swatched heavily:







I have oily lids so I'd like something to keep oil at bay and make my eyeshadows last. This is a cream-to-powder formula that clings to the skin. Application should be very fast as it stays put and doesn't budge once it dries.

Because it goes on like cream it is much thicker than the UDPP and requires a bit of blending to work. I like to apply it with a brush and then pat it gently with my ring finger to warm the product. My lids will then have an even color and eyeshadows stay vibrant and last all day. it does not emphasize fine lines. Compared to UDPP, this is a bit harder to blend but it stays on and it controls oil but it does not dry out my lids. UDPP goes on smoother but I find that it sort-of dries my eyelids out after a long day.


This maybe similar to MAC Paint Pots but I find that EC-2 is peachier than Soft Ochre, which is more yellow. I think this suits my skintone better. Plus this is an eye primer whereas MAC Paint Pots are cream to powder eye colors.


What I like about it:


-gives great coverage


-eyeshadows stay vibrant, no creasing or smudging throughout the day


-controls oily lids


This is a great primer and it truly lives up to its name. I use it even without eyeshadows because it brightens up my eyes naturally. This one is a keeper!

-0-

Just want to share that the good folks from Ineke San Francisco sent me their gorgeous deluxe perfume sampler (not available here in the Philippines so I'm just grateful to them for accommodating my request!) which contains seven sample perfumes:










I'll be posting a review for each of them (don't they have the loveliest names?) I love fragrances and I wish to share my thoughts as I do believe on the power and beauty of scents.








I'll be posting a whole lot of perfume reviews soon!




Comments

Popular Posts