Budget-Friendly Makeup Haul

Here are a few items which found their way into my regular kikay (or vanity) kit:


Maybelline Clear Smooth All in One Shine Free Powder Foundation SPF 25 (P150) is such a steal! I bought the refill because it's super affordable. For some reason my skin is going back to the oily side so I found myself reaching for this one for my regular makeup. The shade I got is Nude Beige, which is a perfect match. It evens out my skintone, does not look cakey, lasts long and controls oil. I can't ask for more!






Revlon Age Defying Spa Concealer (P650) is the one I use for the eyes---it replaced my beloved Garnier Eye BB Roll On. It is much thicker compared to the former, and also creamier. I got both the 02 and 03 shades. I'm currently using the 02, but I feel that the shade 03 is a much better match because it's a peachier color. Coverage-wise, it's great, but I find that it does not last long, unless it's set with powder, which I avoid because it emphasizes fine lines.






Maybelline Extreme Stiletto Mascara (P399) does a great job of lengthening my lashes. it doesn't give out much volume though, but it's a lengthening mascara so I don't complain. It also lasts long, it's clump-free, and doesn't smudge. All things considered it's still a great buy.




Wet n' Wild Coloricon Eyeshadow Trio in Silent Treatment (P390) is a great budget-friendly eyeshadow palette for those just starting to play with makeup, or those who love neutrals. I must admit that I purchased this for the taupe shade----which pulls a with a bit of lavender tone on me (see swatch). Nevertheless I still use it because it goes well with anything. They blend smoothly and are foolproof to apply. 





I guess I'll still  have to find a darker taupe shade!


I also got a couple of Charm Pro Individual Brushes from Beauty and Minerals---the Concealer Brush and the Wet/Dry Eyeshadow Brush. Both work well and are quite a steal for only P399 each. Great for makeup newbies. 



Comments

  1. have you tried Suesh brushes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! yes I have, in fact it was the very first makeup brush set I've ever purchased... plus I also attended their workshop. I don't have a review of their brushes here though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts