April Faves

Happy Easter! Just want to share the products I'm loving right now:


My mascara of the moment is Maybelline Volum'Express the Falsies mascara:


Love how it holds a curl and gives great volume without smudging and clumping. My lids are oily so I need a heavy duty mascara that won't give me raccoon eyes at the end of the day. It's hard to remove but I use cleansing oil anyway, so it's not a problem for me. Plus it's super affordable!

Ever since Dove came out with their hair care range I was ecstatic and curious about their formula. By the way, they're pretty generous with their samples because they're all over the MRT stations (last month I think?) giving away trial sachets of their Intense Repair shampoo and conditioner:



I must say they're great! What I like about Dove is that it makes my hair soft, shiny and manageable without the greasy, heavy feel. Intense Repair is for dry and damaged hair. I have normal-oily hair which is exposed to constant blow-drying and the elements so it does frizz sometimes and this works just fine. I usually find myself skipping conditioner because of my greasy scalp, but with Dove I don't do that anymore. Plus it smells great! I love it so much that I went ahead and bought the Intense Repair Daily Treatment/Conditioner, which is another great product for damage care/prevention. And I cannot stress enough how non-greasy it is, which is a must for this scorching hot weather. 

My favorite lipstick right now is Revlon Colorburst in 030 Fuchsia. It is very pigmented, applies smoothly, moisturizes my lips and lasts for hours, even with eating and drinking. And when it fades, it leaves a very even, just-bitten stain. I love how it brightens up my face. One swipe delivers a burst of color. It is a bold shade and definitely not for the faint-hearted, but it's good to be adventurous when it comes to color; it gets you noticed. It is versatile too---when I want something subtle (like for the office), I tone down the color with a swipe of gloss, like MAC underage, and I get something like a brightened pink-fuchsia just like the lip color Blair Waldorf wore in her wedding:

No foundation or base here, just eye makeup and lippie :)



Comments

Popular Posts