Budget-Friendly Makeup Brush: Charm Essentials Vegan Foundation Brush

AS A SELF-CONFESSED FOUNDATION BRUSH LOVER, I'm really keen on expanding my collection. I already own a couple of foundation brushes which I use everyday, from different brands, including Bare Naturals, Ecotools Bamboo Bronzer,  Mac 187, 109,  Shu Uemura Natural 18 (my current favorite), and Shiseido  (which I have not reviewed yet), but I realized that my mini collection does not have a standard, paddle-shaped synthetic foundation brush, for some reason. It's probably because I wasn't sold on the Mac 190 after reading several reviews that it provides a streaky application of foundation. That's also probably the reason why I focused more on foundation brushes with different shapes and hair types.

I changed my mind just recently when Charm Makeup Brushes launched their Charm Essentials Pretty In Pink Vegan Collection, which included the Vegan Foundation Brush:




This cute foundation brush is made from superior grade, animal friendly vegan hair. And according to the website, it can apply primer, foundation or even concealer with ease. I've road-tested it quite long enough and I must say I'm impressed.

First of all, it's very soft. It's softer compared to other synthetic brushes I own. It's also densely packed so I never experienced streaks while using this to apply my foundation. The shape also makes it easy to maneuver the brush around the eyes or the sides of the nose.

I find that this is best used with liquid foundations with a lighter, more runny textures, or tinted moisturizers/primers. As for thicker or creamier, foundation formulas, I use a little bit of moisturizer or a spritz of water to ensure that the brush does not absorb a lot of product.





The handle and the ferrule are also well constructed. This brush did not shed one bit of hair and I've washed it so many times already. It washes very well. I use plain ol' dishwashing liquid or baby shampoo. It's easy to clean and even if it's dense, the brush head is pretty small so it still dries quickly. By the way, I wash my foundation brushes after every use to avoid product and bacterial build up, as I'm quite acne-prone.

And of course, who can forget the pretty pink-and-black combination? :) the pink handle is just perfect for the girly-girl. It's a great value for money as it's available for only P399.

I'm so glad to have this foundation brush in my collection. I'm seriously thinking of getting a handful of more brushes from the Charm Vegan Collection, as they're available individually or you can get them all in one pink package/set. So, if you're looking for an affordable, high quality, cruelty-free synthetic foundation brush, Charm Essentials will not disappoint!

(On a side note, I'm currently listening to the opening theme of Kamen Rider Black, by Tetsuo Kurata. Some childhood memories, hehe!)


Charm Makeup Brushes are available online (thru Beauty and Minerals and other multiply sellers), The Ramp Crossings in Shangri-la, Trinoma, PurBeauty Serendra, and Beauty & the Geeks at ETON Cyberpod, EDSA.

Comments

  1. Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it's really informative. I am gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future. Numerous people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
    LGB Station G Scale Track Set

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts