Loving Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Foundation

I must admit that I'm still a newbie when it comes to liquid foundations---my first foundation purchase was from VMV way back in college and I didn't even know how to apply it properly so I end up with a cakey looking face. Next I tried out Fasio but unfortunately the undertone was too pink, but still I managed to get away with it because it felt light and it has ample SPF. I never suffered from breakouts from using them but then because I had really oily skin back then, I stayed away from liquid foundations and opted for tinted moisturizers or powder. Then came the mineral makeup craze so I got even more hooked with mineral powders. As I got more involved in the beauty world, I learned that liquid foundations give a dewier finish, they look more natural, and that there are yellow-based undertones that match Asian skin better. I re-discovered liquid foundations because I got tired of the matte finish, and I wanted to be able to master its application with my array of foundation brushes.  I mostly started out with drugstore brands, and slowly moved my way out to the high-end ones.

When I had the chance I immediately snagged a bottle of  Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Invisible Skin Fusion Foundation because I wanted to try out another high-end brand (aside from Shu Uemura) to add to my current foundation collection. And here's what I got:


Packaging is gorgeous with its black cap and heavy glass bottle. It also comes with a pump for mess-free application. It is advertised as "lingerie for the skin," because it claims to combine different fibers that fuse into the skin for a seamless, flawless look that stays natural. It also has SPF 20.

The shade I got is 12 Rose Clair, which has a balance of both pink and yellow undertones. Still a great match for me as of the moment, and it leans towards neutral on my skin.


Texture is light but not very runny. It also spreads easily and can be applied using fingers. It also blends well.


On my skin, it blends really well and leaves a very even, semi-matte finish which looks healthy and not shiny. Overall, it gives light to medium coverage which suits me just fine. It covers fading acne marks, minor blemishes and pores really well and is buildable. I apply this using my fingers or my foundation brushes. It gives a very natural look and feels light on my skin. It also moisturizes well and  does not feel greasy. It almost feels like tinted moisturizer, but with more coverage. It's wear is average, around 8 hours on me, without primer. As with other Guerlain products, it has a  rose scent so it may not be suited to those allergic to scents. I'm happy to report though that I did not break out from using this.

I'm very much impressed with this foundation and I love the formula, the texture and finish. I think I found my HG foundation as of the moment. It looks natural,  and feels weightless, perfect for everyday use. This is highly recommended to anyone who is looking for a foundation with light-to-medium coverage which looks natural and does not feel heavy on skin. It may not be suited for people who are sensitive to scents and who are looking for heavier coverage.

Comments

Popular Posts