Review: Youngblood Mineral Rice Setting Powder


Again, it's my quest for the perfect setting powder!


I decided to try this because I feel in love with mineral rice powder a few years ago, courtesy of Elegant Minerals, which really provided me with great oil control. This retails for Php 1450 at Beauty Bar.Aside from rice powder or starch, it has a cocktail of herbal extracts as the products claims to control oil and minimize pores. I chose the Light shade:












Pros:



  • Very finely milled, so it sets my makeup quite well;
  • Goes on initially matte but then it blends with natural oils in the skin, leaving it dewy
  • Does not leave white cast on the face,
  • has a faint fresh scent (like cucumber) which goes away after the product is applied



Cons:



  • oil control is average, meaning it did fell short of my expectations. I have to blot after 4-5 hours with this one.
  • did not minimize pores
  • quite expensive











For really oily-skinned girls try using a velour puff first before dusting off excess with a powder brush for more oil control. As for me this is a decent setting powder but it's not a must-have and I feel that there are other products out there in the market that can do just as well as this one without the higher price tag.


-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

  1. Hi, I love your post. I have a question: Is it okay to use a foundation primer (like smashbox photo finish primer) and apply this afterwards? Or should I use the YB loose foundation instead of this one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi blushingpossum! I think it's ok to use this on top of primer if you strictly want oil control or a really matte finish---but it won't offer any coverage. if you have good skin but you're really oily, you can try that. Otherwise, if you're looking for more coverage, try the YB mineral foundation instead. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip, Vanity's Corner. The thing is, I have oily skin. My T Zone normally gets oily 2-3 hours after applying a powder foundation. I am looking for coverage because my skin is not at all great. I think I can use this on top of my foundation for touch ups. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem! I have super oily skin as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts