Review: Youngblood Mineral Rice Setting Powder
Again, it's my quest for the perfect setting powder!
I decided to try this because I feel in love with mineral rice powder a few years ago, courtesy of Elegant Minerals, which really provided me with great oil control. This retails for Php 1450 at Beauty Bar.Aside from rice powder or starch, it has a cocktail of herbal extracts as the products claims to control oil and minimize pores. I chose the Light shade:
- Very finely milled, so it sets my makeup quite well;
- Goes on initially matte but then it blends with natural oils in the skin, leaving it dewy
- Does not leave white cast on the face,
- has a faint fresh scent (like cucumber) which goes away after the product is applied
- oil control is average, meaning it did fell short of my expectations. I have to blot after 4-5 hours with this one.
- did not minimize pores
- quite expensive
For really oily-skinned girls try using a velour puff first before dusting off excess with a powder brush for more oil control. As for me this is a decent setting powder but it's not a must-have and I feel that there are other products out there in the market that can do just as well as this one without the higher price tag.
-Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone