Quick Review: NARS Deep Throat Blush

Happy New Year everyone! I'm gonna start the year by doing a quick review of the NARS Deep Throat blush. This is the first blush I bought from NARS and I want to share my thoughts on it:

It comes in the standard NARS rubber packaging which is pretty sturdy in my opinion, but is quite a dust magnet.

Deep Throat is described as a peach with golden shimmer. On the pan, it looks a bit pink with lots of golden flecks.

This blush is really sheer on me. I guess this isn't the most pigmented color in the Nars blush collection, but it sure fits the description of the website as it has sheer pigments. It looks really hard-pressed on the pan. It is buildable though, for those with darker skin or for people who want it to stand out.

Swatches:

On my skin it sure looks pinky-peach, but I compared it side by side with Benefit Coralista (warm coral pink) and I found Deep Throat to be peachier indeed. It also gives off a nice, beautiful shimmery glow. The shimmer is not glittery-shimmer which I find annoying, It's more visible than the sheen on Coralista but still very nice and wearable. It also lasts for about 8 hours on my face; at the end of the work day it starts to fade. It lasts longer than Coralista though, which wears about 6 hours on my face. The color is very nice on my skin, and the peachy golden tones will complement darker skin as well.

Nars blushes retail for 1350 at Rustan's.

Comments

  1. NARS is the best blush. My only problem is their packaging :( I have it in Taos pretty pigmented

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to try their other blushes so I'm definitely checking Taos out :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts