Revlon Photoready Compact Makeup and Powder Review

It's time for another review! I was kind of intrigued to try Revlon's Photoready Line as soon as I saw other beauty bloggers raving about it. And with all the special occasions coming up, I'm sure people will agree with me that we all need to look out best!







The Revlon Photoready Compact Makeup and Powder promise flawless, airbrushed skin in any light. I got both because the SA convinced me that the two products go together to achieve the desired results. I ran out of my loose powder a long time ago and so I needed the powder, so I gave it a go and bought the two. (I got a free makeup pouch because of my purchase).

For the foundation, I got the shade 150 Shell, which is the closest match to my skintone, while the powder is light to medium (I am NC 25-30 for reference).

What I noticed is that both products look darker in the pan that they actually are when swatched. The compact makeup has a liquefying screen which turns the cream into liquid and comes with a sponge. The powder, on the other hand, has some shimmer on the pan and comes with a brush.

After roadtesting, both products do complement each other! The foundation gave me a flawless, semi-matte finish. I know other bloggers complained about it being matte, but on my oily skin it's not flat-matte at all, it gave me a glowy finish without the grease. The powder, on the other hand, was matte--- the shimmer was not noticeable at all, which surprised me. My pores were blurred, and spots/acne marks were covered effectively. Both products did not leave a white cast on my skin. And my skin did look great in photos!

More insights:

-I did not use the brush or sponge included, I find that a flat top brush or my Mac 187 works better in blending the foundation on my skin.
-I still have to blot after 4 hours or so, which is okay...the compact makeup is not really for oil control. I just use the powder to retouch and it lasts for about 6-7 hours.


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Comments

Popular Posts