Naughty Neutrals: The Urban Decay Naked Palette

Hello everyone!

Two posts in a week? I just violated my "weekly" blog rule haha! but for a very special reason.

I know I am probably super late to post this, as this is included Urban Decay's lineup for Fall 2010, but consider me as one of the many beauty bloggers who rave for this palette. I am just so glad to have this, knowing it is out of stock everywhere (Sephora, Ulta, & even in the UD website). I was browsing at the House of Flair website (myhouseofflair.com), I saw this palette and I knew I had to grab it! This is a great value for money, and a very decadent palette for neutral eyeshadow lovers (like me!)

I know everyone has seen and heard about the Naked Palette, along with swatches, shade description, and everything else so I won't really dwell on that. (they have better picture resolutions than mine, hehe).  But I will give a couple more reasons why every girl should own this palette (if it becomes available again!):

It contains 12 full-sized eyeshadow shades (that's right, 12 shades housed in a velvet rectangular palette resembling a huge chocolate bar), a mini Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP), and a double-ended 24/7 liner in shade Zero (black) and Whiskey (brown). What more could you ask for?


The 12 eyeshadow shades may be neutral, but with a kick. It includes a variety of finishes (matte, satin, shimmer, and sparkle) plus it has bronzy shades perfect for summer, and deeper shades for smoky looks for endless eyeshadow combination. I myself have invested in other palettes and while it may include all the rainbow colors, some of the shades aren't really office-appropriate, or they don't really go with everything. Neutrals are safe, can be mixed and matched, and are great even for those no-makeup days.





Light Swatches from L-R: virgin, sin, buck, gunmetal, creep, smog

 These eyeshadows go on smooth; they are easy to blend and pigmentation is superb. I'm also happy to report that even without the UDPP, these eyeshadows do not crease at all, and I have oily lids! That's quality for you. They are NOT loaded with gritty sparkles. I am not a fan of eyeshadow with too much shimmer. (I don't want to deal with a lot of fallout). All shades are wearable and can be layered on for added intensity.

(L-R: Virgin, Sin, Naked, Sidecar, Buck, Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse, Toasted, Hustle, Creep, Gunmetal)

The primer and the liner are BIG bonuses. I've seen other palettes which scrimp on freebies; This one does not. The trial size of UDPP will go a long way because a tiny amount is enough. I myself am not fond of wearing primers (gasp!) but that's because I invest on high-quality eyeshadows. Nevertheless, for a UDPP newbie, aside from eyeshadows lasting longer, I find that it evens out my lids and creates a neutral canvas for more vibrant eyeshadow pigments.

Lastly, the 24/7 liner in zero and whiskey is love! they go on super smooth, and they don't budge until I take them off! They are currently my favorite eyeliners.

light swatches: zero (black), whiskey (brown)
The only thing you need to be careful about is its packaging. No, it won't break because it is durable, but the velvet case can be a dirt magnet. So just be sure to store it properly.

Again, I will say that this palette is highly recommended. It's definitely good value. This is my first time to purchase Urban Decay and it has definitely exceeded my expectations. A Sephora reviewer said it best: believe the hype! The waiting list is long but not to worry, because this palette is permanent. Grab it!

Check out the House of Flair website or click 'like' at their Facebook page to enjoy their annual sale from November 15-21!

Comments

Popular Posts