Review: Chanel Ombres Contrastes Duo and Rouge Coco (Fall 2010)

As promised, Here's my latest haul from Chanel. I know they have the Holiday 2010 collection already but that's another story! for now I'm just gonna post on their Ombres Contraste Eyeshadow in Taupe Delicat and the Rouge Coco in Chintz, both released for Fall 2010:


The new eyeshadow duos from Chanel are super smooth, easy to blend and complement each other so well that you can take out the guesswork in combining colors. Each Ombres Contraste contains a light cream shadow as base and a darker, matte powder eyeshadow for definition and depth. Though the lighter shade is supposed to be cream I'd say the texture of both pans are the same. They blend so well and are so luxurious! They have six varieties and are all well-pigmented. I chose Taupe Delicat because it's the most neutral of the bunch and I ran out of neutral eyeshadows:

 The lighter shade is blend of subtle shimmer and peach while the darker shade is a matte taupe-brown. I have light swatches here but you can apply them heavily for more pigmentation.

 As I've said they're very smooth and easy to apply; I've learned from Temptalia that Chanel eyeshadows are best applied with a patting motion rather than sweeping the powders at once. The light shade gives me the most subtle, shimmering base/highlight that instantly brightens up my eyes. And as for the taupey-brown, what can I say? (It's definitely taupe-y on me as opposed to other reviews which described it as matte brown only), It gives depth and contour, in the most natural way possible. Also, these eyeshadows absolutely have no fallout, making it such a breeze to apply! This duo is probably boring for makeup addicts out there, but really, neutral eyeshadows are a staple for daytime, every day look. It's suitable for the workplace too as the colors are not loud.  For more vivid color options, you can try misty-soft or khaki-clair duos.  

Next is the Rouge Coco in Chintz! 

It is described as a peach-rose, and it's definitely a nude peachy shade with the nice dose of rose-y pink and barely-there shimmer. This shade is such a beautiful color which can work perfectly with smokey eyes or it can also be worn as an everyday lip color. I personally wear it everyday because although it is a light shade, it does not make me look washed out and it complements my skintone perfectly. 

The Rouge Coco formulation is amazing. It applies evenly on the lips and is very pigmented. One sweep of the lipstick gives medium- to full -coverage. It also has a faint rose scent which spells l-u-x-u-r-y to me (haha!)  It just makes me smile everytime I apply it. And the tube with the click-lock system and Chanel logo on top will make other girls envious. You just want to show it off!


       


 I'd say that these products are worth the splurge! These babies plus the  new Holiday 2010 collections are already available at Rustan's so you better head to the Chanel counter before they sell out. :) 

Comments

Popular Posts