Review: Sigma SS150 (f30) Large Powder Brush


My sked's been hectic just last week but it's not gonna stop me from posting a review here (hehe)! Anyway, I thought I needed a good, dense powder brush and so I thought it's the perfect time to try out something from Sigma. I've been lemming for it since last year and I'm just so glad there's a local reseller already!

I ordered the SS150 (or the F30) large powder brush (Php 960):


It really is huge! and very durable. I've read mixed reviews of this one but I guess I'll just leave it to Sigma's quality control, I mean, some reviewers thought this was a great brush, some didn't----it would either bleed or shed like crazy. So I really hoped and prayed that my powder brush would be a good one--and it is!

I was looking for a good powder brush that I could use for bronzer, loose powder or even powder foundation. And I found it in this one. It's big, very dense, and yet it gives precise control over application and holds powder well. This works with both loose and pressed powders.




Side view:


I washed it immediately and the dye did not bleed at all. Plus it didn't shed any hair!It also retained its shape after washing.
Side by side with my Suesh large powder brush:



As you can see it makes my Suesh brush look puny! the large black handle is of very good quality and does not scratch. My Suesh brush was less dense and very fluffy. So I really prefer the SS150 over it.

Compared with the ELF complexion brush:


The hairs are really soft, not scratchy and feels wonderful on skin. I'm a really happy camper because it passed all my tests and I look forward on having this brush for a long time.

Sigma has changed it's labeling on brushes and instead of adapting the brush label of MAC they opted for their own... New brushes are at hand and available at The PinkSlippers Boutique so better check it out! :) they sell individual brushes as well as brush kits. You can also see them on facebook.

Comments

Popular Posts