Lip Love: Carmex Lip Balm


Well, time for a mini-review! it's such an honor for me to do a review on this hall-of-famer product:


Consider me a lip-balm girl since high school and college; name it, I've tried them all, from the drugstore brands to the much high-end ones. I heard of Carmex before, but since it wasn't readily available here in the Philippines I did not purchase it (I think there was just one store in Rockwell that sold it before).

Now I'm just glad to spot it on major supermarkets. I had to try the original flavour though. Looking at the back of the label, it's amazing that this lip balm has been around since the 1930s.

It's super moisturizing; the most moisturizing lip balm I've ever tried. The thick formula locks everything in, so it's long-lasting too. And the broad spectrum SPF 15 is handy together with the click-stick tube, perfect for touch ups during the day. It lasts all day on me though. I like to layer it as primer before lipstick or gloss, and it fills in the cracks and gives me naturally fuller lips. As for the flavor I've grown to like it, it has a "vintage" taste (haha) but for other girls there's cherry and strawberry, among their other flavors. I must say I'm gonna stick around with this tube for a long long time.

Carmex is available at Landmark and Rustans.

Comments

  1. this is my HG lipbalm, but I prefer the mint and strawberry ones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, I wanted to try the original.. and true enough, 1930-ish nga ang taste nya hehe! but I still love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Carmex! It is my HG lip product. I have not tried the tube version, as I have always had the one that comes in the jar. But I must try the tube version as I think it will be much more sanitary that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks! you must try the tube version soon. I'll probably buy the jar next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve read many rave reviews about this lip balm, many bloggers are loving the sweet scent! I think I should try this too.
    :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! the original has a bit of a medicinal taste, but the flavored ones work fine. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts