Review: TheBalm Down Boy Blush


image from Sephora:

TheBalm has been around for quite some time here, courtesy of Beauty Bar, but I haven't really looked or took notice of the brand. I only noted that they have some well-received items such as their Time Balm concealer or their extensive line of lip plumpers (complete with cute 'n cheeky labels). The line is even reminiscent of Benefit Cosmetics, and it's not quite surprising since both are based in San Francisco. Anyway, I've decided to check out the brand once again just to satisfy my curiosity.

I've been looking for the perfect girly-girl pink blush and I guess I found it! TheBalm's Down Boy blush gives me just that. Don't be fooled by the pale pink in the pan which can look quite chalky, because believe me, the formula is amazing. It's made without talc and it just glides smoothly on the skin. The shade will definitely complement those with fairer and cooler skintones but it's quite a neutral pink so warmer skintones can also wear the shade. Plus, it's also highly-pigmented so apply it with a light hand! It just gives the most beautiful flush of pink on the cheeks which makes one look youthful. It's also quite matte, but it has light-reflecting properties too so it gives more of the look of radiance. It's perfect for me because I can't stand shimmery blushes because I'm an office girl. I want to look sophisticated, not party-ready! And this blush gives me just that. It reminds me of Benefit's Posietint but with more lasting power. It lasts the whole day on me until I take it off. It is really comparable to other high-end products out there. For P850 a pop, it's quite affordable since the pan has 10g of the product. All in all, highly recommended! I've fallen in love with this blush.

TheBalm is available in Beauty Bar.

Comments

  1. wow I haven't tried The Balm blushes.. its cheaper pa pala compared to MAC! thanks for the review..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought my down boy blush and it looked amazing on me. :) among all the balm blushes, this one works perfectly on me. Looks like naturally pink on my cheek. A must-buy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts