Review: Skinfood Dark Circle Concealer Cream

After my obsession with lash curler and mascara, I found a new love again: It's the Skinfood Salmon Dark Circle Concealer Cream:


I bought this only last Wednesday, but I was so in love with the result! I have been wanting to try concealers from Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Shu Uemura or Benefit but they cost about 1000 bucks and up... So I decided to try this one with all its rave reviews, plus it costs only 975. Not cheap, but tolerable. And I bought it at SM only, because it was out-of-stock in the Trinoma branch.

The concealer is creamy, with lots of emollient salmon oil that preps and conceals the dark undereye area completely. It's a nice salmon shade, which is a light peach, perfect for my dark circles as opposed to just plain yellow.

I used my fingers initially, but I learned that using a concealer brush is more hygienic and would result to a more precise application, so I bought one yesterday:



I mastered the application process in no time! With the concealer brush I apply the product on my undereye area, then watch my dark circles disappear...I then set it with finishing powder (I still use my Everyday Minerals Powder in Sunlight) and voila! Perfect, well-rested eyes.The oiliness of the product vanishes completely when set with powder, and best of all, it does not settle into fine lines.


The concealer is definitely handy during afternoon/night events when my dark circles are really apparent, or when I don't get enough sleep. Now, if only I can pair it with a nice foundation stick, then I'll be travel-ready all the time!

I forgot to mention that the sales lady told me they're having stickers with every Skinfood product to ensure authenticity (see the first photo). She said that there are a lot of fakes being sold out there at a much cheaper price... I think she was referring to those products proliferating in online forums...So, just to be sure, purchase your product in the authentic outlet and look for the hologram sticker, or if you have friends in Korea, go ask them!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts