In My Makeup Bag

Here's what I've been toting around for the past few weeks:



As you can see the contents are very minimal, only the basics (count the toothbrush and toothpaste!) as I cannot afford to lug the entire contents of my full-sized makeup kit at home.

Take a closer look:

1. Fashion 21 UV Whitening Face Powder. When I heard it's a makeup and whitening product in one, I was sold. It also has sun protection and vitamin E. I love the fact that it controls shine, covers imperfections and provides skincare benefits. The separate sponge compartment also makes it very hygienic. The downside is that it only comes in 3 very light shades, and the other two are pink-based, so it may not suit all skintones.

2. Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler. Again, even if I forget eyeshadow and liner or I'm just too lazy to put on full-makeup, I just curl my lashes and it perks up my face already. I personally think it's the fastest, easiest way to look pretty.

3. Avon Simply Pretty Dew Kiss Lip Balm. I ran out of my trusty lip balm recently and I just purchased this one. This gives a very hydrating and slightly glossy finish---never overdone. Plus it's enriched with Jojoba oil and other natural extracts that keep my lips moisturized.

4. Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Nude. It's the perfect neutral shade, and I swipe it on if I want a natural yet polished look. It's flattering with other skintones as well, and the formula is glossy but not sticky. It makes my lips fuller and erases all those little fine lines. They creamy formula is also highly-pigmented, so a little goes a long way.

5. Avon Glazewear Dimensions Lipstick in Pink Glimmer. So you might figure by now that I'm a lippie lover, right? When I want more oomph factor I swipe this on. This beige-pink nude formula has light-reflective pearls that give dimension and shine to my lips. Perfect for smoky eyes.


These other products I'm about to mention aren't in my kikay kit for reasons you will soon find out. :) But they're my other makeup staples as well:

Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten. I love, love this nude pink with shimmer! No doubt it's a consistent beauty award-winner and is raved by beauty editors everywhere. It's a universally-flattering neutral shade that brightens up my eyes in a subtle way. The shimmer is never overdone. It can be applied wet or dry, but I like to apply it wet and it gives the most natural, understated look. When applied dry, the heightened shimmer is perfect for date nights and parties. And it's stays on my lids way after my office hours.

Ever Bilena Eyeliner in Dark Brown. This has been recommended by models and top makeup artists everywhere, because it's cheap, it's long-lasting, and it does the job without breaking an arm and a leg. I myself have oily lids, but this really stays put until I take it off.

Benefit's Benetint. When I put this on, it's stays on all day and I don't even have to retouch. It gives me a natural rosy flush that is budge-proof all day! What more can I ask for?

What about you? you can also share the contents of your makeup kit.

Comments

  1. hehe... you have few essentials inside your kit... yet, very useful pa rin di ba...

    btw... i change my domain name... would you mind adding me again? just delete my old one and add this

    www.girlwithglassesjing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts