Get Juiced Up!

Citrus, in my opinion, is one of those safe scents that you really can't go wrong with. It's fresh, light, and provides that perky feeling anytime. I used to carry bottles of Bench or Denenes Colognes with me during college just because I wanted to smell like an orange, or lemon, or lime at any time of the day.

However, as I got older (and tastes became more sophisticated), I got wary of citrus scents. Suddenly I didn't want to smell like orange juice! And it seems like every citrus perfume or cologne have the same boring notes.

After much realization, I realized that citrus scents could still work---it just depends on a little imagination and a toss of an interesting note or two that would mix well with the original concoction. And today, I re-affirm my love for citrus scents simply because of their special zest and energizing aromas.

Here goes:

image from here

1. Jo Malone Lime Basil and Mandarin. The interesting mix really transports me somewhere in Sicily or one of those fancy islands in Italy. It's the ultimate pick-me-up scent. I love to spray this on in the morning for an energizing boost for the day. And yet, it's also a perfect scent when you just want to lounge and relax and feel, well, expensive. And for a cologne, the scent lasts all day on my skin.


image from here

2. Jo Malone Orange Blossom. Again, another favorite. This one smells unmistakably English to me. As with all Jo Malone, the smell starts out strong and dries up into a very clean, fresh citrus scent. I also mix it up with other cologne variants to achieve a more unique scent. Thumbs-up for its lasting power.


image from here

3. L'Occitane Verbena. Another winner, this time from France. I love how light it is and that it smells positively fresh anytime of the day. Also, it mixes well with perspiration so it's perfect for our hot climate. It wouldn't hurt to get the entire Verbena line as well, for a longer-lasting impression.




image from here

4. Hermes Eau d' Orange Vert. I only recently discovered this one, and I've loved it since! This amazing citrus scent seemed masculine but I think it's a perfect unisex scent. It gives me that zing! in the morning. I tried it during a very hectic schedule and it really gave me a cheery boost that lasted all day. Lasting power is also great with the help of the soap, shampoo and lotion.

Comments

Popular Posts