Review: Avon Magix Tinted Skin Perfector SPF 15

Finally got my hands on Avon's Magix Tinted Skin Perfector with SPF 15. It's just recently released here in the Philippines and costs about 399 pesos (it's an introductory price offer).

Some people commented that the packaging is bulky but I think it works fine because it's not heavy and the sponge has a separate compartment at the bottom, making it less messy and more hygenic. I got it in the shade Light:

The product is a gel-to-powder primer formulated with Avon's exclusive Optix technology, which claims to blur pores, fine lines, mattify the face for 8 hours and prepare a smooth canvas for makeup application. Coverage is light, because it's a primer.

PROS:

-smooth texture, feels weightless
- very hygenic; a little goes a long way
-yellow shade matches my skintone perfectly; sheer coverage means it can also match a wide range of skintones
-magically gives me a poreless look without looking cakey
- controls oil -- keeps my face matte the whole day!
- looks good on its own and is a great makeup base for mineral makeup
- does not make me break out

CONS:

none! :)

Avon really nailed it this time with this great product. I've tried cheaper pore-minimizing products but I didn't like the whitish cast nor the cakey powder feel. This one is tinted to suit Asian skin and does what it claims to do. It also comes in medium for morenas out there. Just don't expect it to be a foundation-like product because it's very sheer and will not cover acne and/or dark pigmentation. However, it looks fine on its own if you have great skin as it evens out the complexion. You can put it on after sunblock and it will keep your face matte for hours. It's highly recommended for oily-skinned people like me! I'll hoard this product if I could. It's an absolute staple in my morning makeup routine.

Better call your Avon lady and browse through their catalog now. :)

Comments

  1. oooh....i am so intrigued....makes me want to buy one today :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts