Beauty Advice from Flu

Hey there, it's flu season everyone! I haven't been posting anything because I caught one as well. :) It's really a hassle, and I know everyone out there hates to be sick as much as I do, but well, what can we do about it? We need to strengthen our immune systems by eating a balanced diet, getting some exercise, and taking vitamin supplements.

Honestly, I did learn something when I got sick. Read on!

1. Fever actually increases heartbeat and metabolism, so that's why sick people lose weight--and it's not even because they don't eat!

2. Because of bad colds, cough, and fever, I was forced to drink large amounts of water to keep myself hydrated----and I saw the effects on my skin. It's more plump and moisturized.

3. Vitamin C fights colds and strengthens the immune system, but it also acts as an antioxidant and protects the skin from UV rays.

4. Acetylcysteine (or NAC) is a supplement used to raise glutathione levels in the body but it's actually helped me in a different way---it's long been prescribed as a mucolytic. I'm sure I didn't get fairer in taking it, but hey, I'm glad to find a multitasking product! :)

So there you have it, just be extra careful guys with the weather and everything that's going on, and if you do get sick, smile and still aim to be pretty to boost your spirits till you nurse yourself back to health. :)

Comments

  1. haha, thanks for the great info! check out my giveaway if you have time: http://purelejewelry.blogspot.com/2009/07/grand-opening-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment! I saw your site as well and I think the collections are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts