Review and Swatches: Mineraux Minerals

Finally, after much anticipation, I received my Mineraux loot last Friday. These are complimentary samples being offered by the website where I chose 7 shades (of foundation mostly) for me to try out... I'm a fan of mineral makeup because it feels light, doesn't clog my pores, very creamy, long-lasting and affordable! During the makeup workshop I attended the makeup artist emphasized the importance of investing in a high-quality foundation because it serves as the "base" or a blank canvas for color... well I haven't the time nor the money to shell out, say, 2000 pesos for a foundation bottle full of parabens, hehe!

I opted to try warm fair, neutral fair, olive fair and warm medium (2 sachets per shade, except for the warm medium). Sorry for the poor picture quality, as I only used my outdated cellphone camera, hehe:


I couldn't really tell too much difference with the shades, probably because they all fall under the fair category... Even the warm medium looks very forgiving, meaning it could match a range of skintones. I only noted that the warm fair has the faintest yellow color, while the neutral fair is slightly beige/ peach, and the olive, well, has a greenish tinge:


The sample sizes were very generous---I had to transfer them to my mini-jars with sifters because I wasn't too comfortable with the ziploc baggies---the powder would fly all over the place! The jars were full to the brim.

As for the texture, the powders were very finely milled---I had to compare their formulation with that of Jane Iredale's---minus the fruit and algae extracts, ofcourse!

I just knew it was the perfect time to roadtest the product because I was suffering from bad breakouts due to using old liquid foundation that's been stuck in my drawer (I know, my bad!) The flash camouflaged the redness but I swear, it's ugly in real life:

I applied Everyday Minerals start to finish powder in Sunlight as my primer, then applied a little bit of Mineraux foundation using my stippling brush from Suesh. I prefer to apply my foundation in sheer, light layers first, then adding additional layer until I achieved my desired coverage. I pretty much used a combination of all 4 shades. For the bigger pimples, I used a small eyeshadow brush and applied olive fair on the bigger red spots. The slight greenish tinge helped in concealing the redness and worked perfecty as a corrector. Afterwards I applied Elegant Minerals in cool rice as my finishing powder.

The result: coverage is medium to heavy depending on how much you apply...and it covered my zits very well!

The finish is semi-matte; it gives a dewy glow, not an oily one. And I find that it did not emphasize my pores. It stayed pretty well too.

Overall, Mineraux foundation worked for me. I may very well order a full size of their products, that is, after I finish all my samples. :) The finish is great, it feels very light, and the powders apply evenly and feel really creamy to the skin. Visit their website and start ordering the complimentary samples, or very well yet order their wide variety of products, including eyeshadows, blushes, lipstick and gloss!

Comments

Popular Posts